You're not alone. In fact, owing to many circumstances many - if not most - employees would like to upgrade their work situation. Maybe the work has gotten boring? Maybe you're not being fairly compensated? Maybe the culture is toxic? Maybe the boss is a jerk? The list of maybes is long, but the point is that disengagement (unhappiness) is rampant. Don't be caught in the quagmire of unfulfilling work!
signs you might be unhappy
- You can't wait for the weekend, and dread Sunday nights
- You have great ideas, but don't feel like sharing them anymore
- The distress at work comes home with you, interfering with your ability to enjoy friends, family and hobbies
- Your dog thinks you're no longer fun
- Your best days are when the boss is traveling - far away with no cell service
- You wonder where the old "you" went